The Drone Video
The Mars Learning Adventures
Our USA student "Tiger Teams" are learning about designing Mars settlements and research centers.. We are partnering with high school students in the Republic of Cabo Verde. Together, we will study volcanoes on both Mars and Earth. We are exploring school of the future design ideas for our "First School on Mars" project-based learning missions.
What is it like to have a volcano in the backyard of your local high school?
What is so special about the soil surrounding this volcano on Fogo Island, Cabo Verde?
Can you help us by pointing us in the direction of more information about volcanoes on Mars?
We welcome your comments. Suprschool@aol.com
The Uninhabited Island of Santa Luzia, in the Republic of Cabo Verde
- Can you simulate working on Mars by using an uninhabited island on Earth?
- What has to be done to grow food on the island of Santa Luzia?
- How do you use drones to conduct research on Santa Luzia without getting in the way of the birds?
- What would it be like to spend four months on an uninhabited island?
- Can we train analog astronauts on an uninhabited island?
- What would have to do to live underground on Santa Luzia island?
- How would you design a Martain Habitat on Santa Luzia Island?
- What is the very best way to protect Santa Luzia island?
- How do we study Santa Luzia Island from a distance?
- How can we support the biologists that are caring for Santa Luzia Island?
More information about our work in the Republic of Cabo Verde. Click on the links below.
Kids Talk Radio LA
Welcome to the island of Fogo in the Republic of Cabo Verde
This is the site of the new Barboza Space Center at Pidero Pires High School in Cabo Verde. It is on the island of Fogo. This video will take you on the adventure. Questions: Bob.Barboza@Gmail.com
Our Fogo Active Volcano Part One
Our high school students in the Republic of Cabo Verde have a real volcano in their school district. They are going to be our partner as we explore the volcanoes on Earth and Mars.
Fogo Volcano Part Two
Students in the USA and Cabo Verde are studying volcanoes on Fogo Island in the Republic of Cabo Verde.
We are studying volcanoes on Earth and Mars Part Three
We are looking for information about volcanoes on Mars. Can you help us? Suprschool@aol.com
Conducting Mars Related STEAMD++ Research in the Republic of Cabo Verde
- Tiger Team Junior Astronaut Training in Cabo Verde
- Learn about the uninhabited island of Santa Luzia
- Study the volcano on the island of Fogo.
- Help to train a Junior astronaut on special assignment at the Barboza Space Center Tiger Team program in Cape Verde .
- Be involved in Mars related distance learning at Pedro Pirese High School.
- Study and introdu tion to astrogeology, geology, physics, astronomy, astrosociology, astrobotany chemistry, astrochemistry and use the new Astronaut Backpacks for water, soil and marine science.
For more information contqact: Suprschool@aol.com
Meet Cape Verdean Pilot Betty Hernandez
Betty Fernandez is a USA pilot for Sky West Airlines. She is now working with Bob Barboza, CEO of the Barboza Space Center and Capt. Willie Daniels, President of Shades of Blue Aviation. Betty was a featured presentor with Bob Barboza and will be teaching aviation with Capt. Willie Daniels . Other presenters represented K-9 dogs, FBI, TSA community Build, and space and aviation. www.BarbozaSpaceCenter.com.